12.29.2009

Appreciations

The Kennedy Center Honors are on tonight and Mike has never seen them. This led me to think about the difference in appreciations that we have for things.

Do you or did you come to find that you have/had different appreciation for things than your fiance? I sometimes think we have nothing in common... I find that I have an appreciation for natural things, especially nature and simple things. I love things clean. But my biggest concern is that I appreciate OLD things... I love traditions, I am a huge fan of OLD musicals, anything black and white, antiques, can't wait to see the world - maybe even visit the seven wonders or whatever they are called now! Mike wants nothing to do with OLD. He loves NEW.

I'm not sure if we are on the same page with these things. Does this mean that I'll be doing these things that I have not achieved yet on my own? Or does it mean that when we have children I'll be introducing these wonderful things to them on my own or I'll be fighting to have them seen? I hope not.

Maybe this is just the nerves settling in since we are just about 7 months out from the big day, I don't know. It's very possible. Just a venting session I guess. Here's to a great 2010.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...