3.03.2010

-- Honeymoon Planning --

Well, let's just say we are taking our time at figuring out where we really want to go...

Haha..  My mom and dad had no plans until the day after their wedding for the honeymoon.  We will not be like that.  Our plans will be set...they just aren't yet. 

We started with Antigua -- a Sandals resort -- which had a great package price, but the air fare to get there is just ridiculous.  Then we moved to looking into all of the Sandals resorts because we figure that an All Inclusive package is the best way to go, but I think we just kind of fell in love with Antigua.  So we moved onto to other options at Antigua but again came across that damn plane ticket problem.  Ugh... 

Then I came across a website called - allinclusiveoutlet.com - which I must say, I am a little leary of, but it does put out there some great deals.  And I figured, if we did use it, we could either use it directly or as bargaining material!  haha. There we came across a great package to Cozumel.  Now, I've never been out of the country...Mike has.  So the deal is we have to go somewhere neither of us has been.  We found an all inclusive 3 meals a day, 5 or 6 nights (I can't remember), plus airfare for $2200.  I thought that was pretty good.  And that was the upgraded option!  The only problem was -- wait for it, wait for it -- when Mike started telling a couple of his friends who travel a lot they said that their companies still aren't sending people anywhere in Mexico right now due to the violence down there from the drug cartel.  Great!  I finally find a deal and the Mexican drug dealers are going to ruin it for me! 

So now I'm on the hunt again. 

Well today I came across a blog from 2009, but it may still be relevant.  I'm going to check a few of them out -- esp FIJI!!!  I heart Fiji...always have, always will.  Someday I WILL make it there!  The blog is The Wedding Warehouse.  This particular blog was featuring "Five Amazing Honeymoons for Under $2500 for Two."  I don't believe it so I'm researching them as we speak. 

Honeymoon #1: Cabo San Lucas, Mexico
Airfare on US Airways, 5 Nights @ Pueblo Bonito Pacifica Holistic Retreat and Spa, Ocean View room w/ $100 Spa Credit, Transfers and all taxes.
$1974.00 for two
What I found: Airfare on Delta Airways, 7 nights @ Pueblo Bonita Pacifica, Deluxe Ocean View room (european plan)
$2088.98



Honeymoon #2: Fiji, South Pacific

Airfare on Air Pacific (non-stop from L.A. to Fiji), 7 Nights Seaview Bure @ Crusoes Retreat Resort, Daily Breakfast, Fiji tax and Transfers (air tax addt’l).
$1930.00 for two
What I found: All flights from Indianapolis to Fiji are $1900+ -- BOO.  I was really hoping this would work out...what was I thinking!?!?  This one is probably out.  Tear. 
***I did search TravelZoo for All Inclusive packages to Fiji and I came up with the most inexpensive ones starting at $2300 per person for 5 nights. 



3. Kauai, Hawaii

Airfare on Hawaiian Airlines, 5 Nights Garden View Room (super discount) @ Sheraton Kauai Resort, Economy Car Rental, Car/Hotel tax (air tax addt’l)
$2440.00 for two
What I found:  Traveling to Hawaii when you don't live on the coast is expensive!  I did find a couple of deals where you could go for around $2600 for two. I just find it hard to spend just as much money on a flight as you are on the vacation portion.  And then...what about meals?  This may still be in the running though.  The Sheraton Kauai was up there and the Courtyards at Honolulu was a contender as well. 



Honeymoon #4: Ocho Rios, Jamaica
What I found:  We don't want to go to Jamaica, but there are some ok deals to Jamaica. 

Airfare on Delta Airlines, 5 Nights in Plantation Honeymoon Villa w/ Pool @ Sandals Grande Ocho Rios (All Inclusive Meals/Drinks/Tips), Transfers & Taxes
$2458.00 for two



Honeymoon #5: Eastern Caribbean Islands Cruise

Airfare on Northwest Air, 7 Night Cruise on Carnival Liberty to St Thomas/
St Maarten/Grand Turk/Half Moon Cay, in a Balcony Cabin, Transfers & Tax
$2175.44 for two
What I found: No cruises leave on the 18th or 19th...boo.  This will not work out for us, but the price point is definitely still the same.  Great idea if it works for you!



At this point, I have found some great deals to Cozumel, St. Lucia, and a few others... I'm trying to convince Mike to go to Ti Kaye Village at St. Lucia!  It's lovely...but no meals are included.  We can starve, right?!  I think that might work!  :) 



Any thoughts or planning suggestions on honeymoons out there?!  Tricks of the trade or suggestions -- dos and dont's?  Please feel free to share!  I'd love the input! 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Greatest Expectations said...

For what it is worth we went to Fiji for our honeymoon and it was A M A Z I N G!!! I would do it over a million times ... The most perfect vacation ever!! Have fun planning!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...