9.16.2010

-- DIY Sunburst Mirror --

Today's Thrifty Thursday project comes to us from over at Isabella & Max Rooms.  I love Janell's Blog.  She is so creative, her rooms look AMAZING...all the time... and she makes everything look so simple. 

A little while back, she started giving sneak peaks on a new project she was doing...  It was a sunburst mirror.  Here's what you'll need. 
1. Bamboo Sticks or some Matching Twigs
2. Hand Saw or Cutting Utensil
3. Glue Gun
4. Painters Tape
5. Round Mirror (this one is from target)
6. Sand Paper
7. Spray Paint

source
First, you'll cut all the twigs (thin bamboo sticks are suggested) to be varying lengths between 15 and 20 inches. Next, Janell suggest to tape guidelines on the inside of the mirror to follow while gluing the twigs onto the mirror. 

source
Here is a close up of the gluing process.  She said she used a lot of glue to make sure that they stayed!  There was no messing around here.  When she was finished and all the glue had dried, she sanded inbetween the twigs to give it a smoother finish and get rid of any excess glue. 

source
Once all the glue had dried, and she had sanded in between the twigs, it was time to tape off the mirror and paint.  She spray painted it an almost ivory color, but you could do whatever color you like. 


And here is the finished project!  I know, looks so great and was so easy! 
This is definitely on my to-do list!!! 

Thanks Janell for the wonderful ideas.  I wish I had more time (and money) on my hands so that I could do more things like this!!! 

ALL PICTURES ARE FROM ISABELLA & MAX ROOMS

1 comment:

bacon seed said...

So cool! I love it! Am I crafty enough? I will try!! Thank you :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...