9.23.2010

-- Thrifty Thursday -- Lighting --

Today I'm thinking lighting.  Who doesn't have those brass fixtures either in your house just waiting to be replaced or just lying around somewhere.  I know I have a couple. 

I'm always thinking...hmmm, what should I do with those.  Well, now I'm thinking, replace them with another BRASS Light Fixture.   Kind of. 

Here are a few re-dos that are on the el cheapo and are actually stunning and very visually pleasing. 

The first one comes from Centsational Girl.  She is one of my new favorite blogs.  She's not new, but I'm new to her.  Here she takes an antique brass chandelier from Drab to Fab in like 2 seconds flat (well the time it takes to spray paint)...  AND she got it for FREE!!!  Who doesn't love a bargain.  Click here to see how she did it. 

Pictures from Centsational Girl
  The next fabulous lighting redo is from The Painted Hive.  This is awesome.  I know we've all seen these!  Even if it was at a thrift store while looking for other bargains, but now you don't have to walk right by it!!!  Click here to see how she made this transformation come to life!!! 

Pictures from The Painted Hive
This next redo is a bit summery for me, but it could be done in any color.  I was thinking that turquoise that is really hot right now.  Anyways, it's from Billie Monster.  She takes this old brass lamp from brass to bright!  Love it! 

Pictures are from Billie Monster

What do you think?  I think even with that fabric turquoise would look AWESOME!!!  Click here to see how she did it. 

Ok, and last for today's thrifty idea for lighting...  We have this Shabby Chic Lamp Revamp from Remodelaholic.  I kind of love this blog too.  She does her own stuff, but she is also featuring others all the time.  She also posts like ALL DAY LONG!!!  You can barely keep up.  But anyways, with her revamp, she had her eye on this Pottery Barn Lamp, and who doesn't?!

Picture from Pottery Barn
I personally love the floor lamp.  She had a brass lamp on hand that she thought she's makeover.  Below is how it turned out and click here to see how she did it. 


 Hope these have inspired you!  I keep looking for good shaped lamps and am coming up dry!  :)

Send me lamps that you've redone if you'd like!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...