10.26.2010

-- Cancer --

Cancer effects everyone.  There's nothing we can do about that.  But we can help those who need our help, we can fight for cures, we can run/walk/jog for research, we can raise money... you get the gist... WE CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!

This morning while doing my usually blog hoggishness, I was reading NieNie <-- one of my favorite blogs!  I want to be like NieNie.  She's such a wonderful character and she really makes me think about things because she makes the most out of her set backs.  I recently read her entire story here and I just felt like this woman is amazing.  Anyways, I saw a picture of a family and a read The Teement Story here link.  I of course clicked. 


Recently Leo has been diagnosed with stage IV melanoma which apparently is known for it's resistance to treatment.  The Teemant family just welcomed their new baby and Leo had just graduated from Brigham Young University when they found out the news.  Click here to see the Teement's Story and to donate to help them! 

This is just one story among the many and with October being Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought it only fitting to tell a story.  Two of my family members have been afflicted by this disease.  Both survived, but it still stinks!  Cancer sucks.  Nothing nice to say about it.  So we need to continue the research, the fundraising, and keep the spirit up to win this fight! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...