1.19.2011

-- My Ottoman Redo --

A couple of years ago, I found an ottoman at Goodwill.  It sat in my garage for probably a year.  Mike always wanted to give it away or back to Goodwill, but I knew I'd get around to it at some point, right?!  So about two years later, I finally did.  I tore it apart and here's what I was left with.


I picked up a mess up paint at Wal-Mart for $5 and I was off.  I started to paint over the black that I'd hoped to do first.  This color was more of a taupe.  More of a neutral and also something that wouldn't weigh down the room because it was a big ottoman.


Here it is in my kitchen after being painted and the foam is sitting on top.  So far, so good. 


After I'd made the trip to Jo-Ann Fabrics to buy fabric, nail heads, and batting (total cost $30) it was time to make buttons for my attempted tufting.  Well, that was the easier part... kinda.  I started with a button cover kit.  Then you cut the fabric into a small circle and push the button in and voila! Matching buttons!
 





Then it was time for tufting and nail head trim.  I will say that I'm not completely pleased with the tufting and am tempted to pull it out, but we shall see.  I could not get the buttons very tight without them actually popping off.  So, I did what I could.  Below is me finishing off the nail heads...

 

And this is the last picture of me working on it and don't worry... Mike was just pretending to shoot staples at me!  I was FREAKING out!  But he never hit me... he kept shooting at the wall because I would jump and scream.  Like I said, it was FREAKING me out!


And here's the final product!
What do you think?


I have to say... I'm pretty proud of myself! 


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks great! Congrats!!

Rhiannon Bosse said...

Oh it's amazing Abby!! Way to go girl :) It's perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...