6.06.2011

Monday's with Martha - Baby Showers


Good Monday Morning Blog Hogs! 

I hope you had a lovely weekend!  I spent mine (Sat) at the Wine Fest & (Sun) in bed with a headache and stomach ache... and while you may be thinking it was what some might call a hangover on Sunday, it wasn't.  I had not one drop of vino.... so sad.  But it was 90+ degrees and I felt water was a better thing to be drinking on such a hot day.  Maybe my headache and stomach ache came from not drinking the vino!??  Hmmm...

Anyways, time for another Monday with Martha.  Since everyone in their brother seems to either be pregnant or just popped one out, I felt like Baby Showers would be a fun thing to discuss.  I like the themed baby showers where the decorations are all book themed or all Winnie the Pooh themed.  While I'm not a huge Winnie the Pooh fan, I recently saw a baby shower with his theme and it was all bumble bees, honey, and bee hives... too cute! 

We'll start with tasty decorated treats!  Who doesn't love seeing a beautifully set up treat table like this?

via

I know I do!  So when it comes to cute little treats... "You have me at Hello!" 

I came across these too cute designs of a little birds nest cupcake.  They are from Martha Stewart and would be so cute for a party where you don't know what the sex of the baby is OR if someone is having multiples!  You could put that many birdies on top of each! 

via

Or these below are for a Noah's Ark themed party.  How cute right?!? 
And I'm sure they are super easy too! 
Love me some MSL Ideas!

via

Or, if you have a lamby theme in mind which is always too cute for showers and for nurseries, then these would be perfecto! And if you notice (look closely) they are sitting inside of a fence!  Love it!
They look so cuddly... not sure if I could even eat them! 

via

Then it's time for DECOR!!! Love the easy decorating items that Martha has out there for us!  These poms are available at Michaels!  They they are super easy to make and you honestly don't even need the kit to make them!  They are tissue papers folded like an accordion and trimmed on the end to a curve or point, or however you like.  Then you get a piece of floral wire, wrap it around the middle of the tissue.  Then all you do from there is separate the pieces of paper to create the sphere shape!  Super easy and totally cost effective! 

via



Here's a book themed table scape from Martha Stewart. 
I love that she had the moons and stars hanging along with little paper inserts over the table.
Then she uses books as pedestals for the treats on the table!

via

Or maybe you just need a little craft project to do...

How about these letters?  While these next two idea does not come straight from Martha Stewart, I'm sure they are on her website somewhere!

via

Have everyone who comes to the baby shower paint a letter of the alphabet.  You can get all the same size OR you can get all different sizes and texts and when they are finished you can use them for decor in the nursery.  Then make sure that everyone signs the back to leave a little memento for the bean!    Too stinkin' cute! 
via

Maybe you'd like a onesie themed baby shower... where not only do you decorate WITH onesies...


But you decorate them too!  Using puffy paint, fabric paint, and/or iron on decals! 

via

via

I can't believe how cute some of these designs are!!! 


via

via
 And just because I thought it was cute... the New Dad's Fanny Pack!  Help him be as prepared as possible!
Complete with a snack, a prepaid phone card, a camera with extra film, a stopwatch for timing contractions, and a notebook, so he can keep track of important telephone numbers, insurance information, and gifts received at the hospital.


via


Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...