7.27.2011

Shop for a Cause

I've been following this story for weeks now.  I found out about it through another blog and then somehow found the updates on a facebook page. 

So... since Mr. K and I are in a tight position money-wise (hence the money saving efforts discussed yesterday) I've decided to open a Stella & Dot Online Trunk Show for the Berry Trust. 

All 25% commission will be donated to the Joshua and Robin Berry's Children's Trust.  You can shop for a cause or just go directly to their page and donate!  The best way to find them is to google "Joshua and Robin Berry's Children's Trust."  It pops right up.  

A little background on this story if you've not already heard about it:


Joshua and Robin Berry (mom and dad) were driving back from a Fourth of July vacation in Colorado with their three young Children Peter (9), Aaron (8), and Willa (6) when they were hit head on by a driver who had swerved into their lane. Joshua and Robin were killed instantly. Their two boys are currently being treated at a Houston hospital for internal and serious spinal injuries, and are soon to be transferred to Chicago Shriner’s, which specializes in pediatric spinal injuries as both boys are currently paralyzed from the waist down. Their daughter is home recovering from broken bones.


Although the story is far from my actual being, my heart is so sad for them.  I've been thinking about it ever since I heard the story.  Thoughts and prayers are continually going out to their friends and family... especially the children's Aunt and Uncle who have become the legal guardians.  What a huge undertaking to raise three young children especially when the boys may have special needs after this accident and all doing it while in the face of such sadness and grief. 

There is a trust set up for the children to help pay for their medical bills and long term care, and anything you could give would help. If you cannot contribute financially, please spread the word and keep their family in your thoughts and prayers. I also know that a lot of you are reading from Chicago and Houston, so if you can possibly help in other ways I encourage you to reach out to the family.

Any purchases made on my website (www.stelladot.com/abbyk) under the party
Berry Trust
will be donated directly to the trust that has been set up 

People have been able to do these things all over the US for the kids with an amazing response! 

I'd love to be able to raise at least $500 for them... what do you think? 
I will get nothing out of this... ALL 25% commission will go to the kids trust. 

*Let's see how fast we can do it!*
I'm purchasing as well! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...