12.01.2011

Master Bedroom { Part Two }

So this weekend I was working my tushie off!  I was rearranging rooms, painting, decorating, cleaning, painting, playing hockey wife, and so much more that I can't even think about it because I'm so tired! 

One of the places I worked on was our Master Bedroom.  I just posted about a few updates in the room about a week ago.  You can check that post out here.  I've rearranged it before, but decided to try it again.  The deal is to keep it this way for at least a week and see how we like it. 
View from the corner

View from the corner
Standing in the chair


View as you walk into the bedroom



Far wall in the bedroom

View while laying on the bed

Added a chair in the corner of the room
*Please excuse the TV and blinds*


Mike's bedside table
*Needs Redone*


View from far side of room

Any thoughts?  I must be in my "nesting" stage because everything has been getting rearranged and cleaned, and thrown out...

Before:


After:


I'm not sold on this set up, but it's working for now... I can't think of another way to put it, but I was thinking this would make for more room once Baby Kake's comes. I'm sure it'll be another way next week. Ugh to arranging furniture.

And there are still a few things that need to be fixed or changed, no matter the arrangement of the room! 


When I was having Mr. K help me move the dresser we accidentally broke it.  It's still fully functional, but a little leaning to the left and if you attempt to move it, it wiggles!  It's kind of funny, but 5 years later, my Ikea dresser may have bit the dust!  It's been a great 5 years!

I've been scouring craigslist to possibly find a matching dresser and chest set, but then I wonder if I don't just want a dresser...  Not sure on that one yet.  A dresser and a chest seem to have a funny fit in this room.


Then there's my bedside table.  My good old Goodwill find.  Notice that there is one strip of the wood missing on the left... funny how I never found it in my house, but it must have fallen off there b/c it's not painted underneath! 

via

 I was thinking about making a table skirt like this one above at Ballard designs but I'm just unsure how to do it and what fabric etc.  I need to give some more ooomph! to this room.


Then there's the wall by the closet.  The larger dresser used to sit there and now it's on the opposite wall as shown above.  I'm thinking about replacing or getting rid of that chest.  It's never been a favorite of mine.  I'm also considering mounting the TV to the wall.  Mr. K doesn't like the TV there, but unfortunately that's where the jack is for the cable.  Ugh to life..  Plus, I think the TV might be a little big (ya think!?!) for where it's at.  On the wall, it might just work.  Who knows... maybe with a small chest underneath it. 

Any who... there's my update on the bedroom!  It's been about a week and it's still in the same set up.  I think Mr. K does secretly like bits and pieces of this arrangement.  Now, if we could just get the actual furniture we like!  Oh... money money money! 

Oh yea, and now we are having a baby so we'll never get the stuff we want, right?!  That's what everyone keeps telling me b/c we'll now buy for baby instead of ourselves... we shall see!  ;)
At least it's Thursday!  Thank goodness I don't have to work tomorrow!  I'd be struggling!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...