1.31.2012

The Big Game!

So I'm totally bummed that I am unable to attend the Superbowl Festivities here in Indianapolis.  I feel bad because my husband is itching to go (he says he isn't but I know he is) but he won't because he's waiting for me to pop! 

But there are some great things going on down there!  I am living vicariously through other people.

via


First - The Superbowl Village

I love that we have what they like to call "Hoosier Hospitality."  This is the closest that the Superbowl has been to us since Detroit.  Apparently that's the closest it's ever been!  So how cool is it that it's in my hometown!?!?  And let me tell you, the preparations were taken to make this a memorable experience for all those who live in the city of Indianapolis and all the visitors! 

via

We have a zip line like they had at the Vancouver Olympics - and it's actually run through the same company.  Mr. K just came home from his hockey game the other day with a ticket for the zip line so he better get down there sooner or later!  He was also advised to take the Flip when he goes... as it will be a once in a lifetime thing and why not record yourself zipping down Capital Avenue in the middle of the winter?!?  On a side note, it is the perfect week to go as it will be 50 degrees here Monday through Thursday.  Can you believe that?!?

via

Check out the Superbowl Roman Numerals located on Monument Circle in the heart of Indianapolis.  I have seen multiple pictures of them at this point and they are awesome!  I want to get a picture in front of them... can someone show me how to photo shop?!?!

via

Second - The NFL Experience

For only $25, you can stay as long as you like all day!  Due to the fact that there are interactive games, everyone must complete a waiver.  There are participatory games, entertainment attractions, kids football clinics, free autograph sessions, and the largest football memorabilia show ever!!!  It's located at the 500,000 square-foot Indiana Convention Center! 
Attractions:
  • Free autograph sessions with NFL superstars
  • Kids, learn the skills of the game in the Play 60 Youth Football Clinics. Get in line early. First come, first served basis.
  • Visit the NFL SHOP for official Super Bowl XLVI merchandise
  • See the Vince Lombardi Trophy up close
  • Visit the NFL Rush Zone for scaled down versions of the adult games

Third - Combining our Indy Cars with the Superbowl
via
They will be moved to locations around the city that were just recently announced! 
And lastly the CELEBRITIES all around town! 
I've heard that Kim Kardashian has been seen roaming the streets of downtown. And this is my absolute most favorite new Superbowl picture of 2012 (so far)

via
And with that, I leave you...
Make sure to check out all the great things going on here in Indy if you are around and also keep up with us on the web if you aren't!

And Go Giants - I'll root for a Manning since ours isn't there! 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...