5.08.2012

Month Three Baby Must Haves

Right now, Ells is at the age where she's starting to want to move around and do stuff.  She's very good at rolling over now and occasionally she is too good... like last night when she rolled her self up against our coffee table.  Oops! No harm done... more of a scare.  But there are some things that really keep her occupied and happy.

(1)  Baby Soother App for iPhone -- I love this thing!  I'm not sure why, but it's great.  I think it was $1.99 and it has three different scenes and tons of songs.  It plays them and the babies are just mesmerized by it.  I guess you could compare it to Baby Einstein, but man am I not a fan of those!  If you haven't already, check it out.  Baby First is another app that I haven't gotten yet, but my friend swears by it! 

via

via


(2) Baby Bjorn -- Ells loves anything where she moving.  I swear I could strap her in the Baby Bjorn and skate her around with me and she'd be in heaven.  Quite funny.  But seriously... now she can sit facing front because she can hold her head up.  She occasionally gets the front part all slobbery and sometimes falls asleep facing outward, but for the most part, this is a lifesaver (still).  Mr K still loves it too.

via

(3) Baby Jogger -- Just like the baby bjorn, it's the movement and being outside that does a baby in.  Ells loves to be outside and I've just noticed that she's now looking around at the things outside - probably because she's usually sleeping as my run/walks are usually too boring for her.  But recently she's been more awake and more observant.  It's very cool to tell her what she's looking at and to also hopefully introduce her to an active lifestyle from an early age. Plus, it's gets me out and about.


via
This is the system we have.


(4) Chillers... or Teethers -- Love these.  I think she likes them too.  I'm not totally sure on it yet, because I think the cold might be a bit much for her at the moment, but she seems to enjoy the chewiness of them against her gums.  Mr K put one in the freezer the other day and I about died laughing.  He didn't know, but then he said that Ells really hated it and I told him no wonder, she now had a brain freeze, frozen hands, and was trying to eat a rock! 


via

(5)  Bumbo Seat -- It makes them feel like the rest of us.  It's also good for their core muscles.  They sit up just like little kiddos.  I don't know exactly what it is about the seat that lets them sit up, but Ells is not quite there yet and in this thing she's usually got a neck... we are enforcing good posture at this early age!  Just kidding!  But usually she's sitting up so tall that her little neck shows!  Plus, I hear this seat can be used instead of a high chair for a while.  Jackpot!


(6) Car Mirror -- I love being able to look at her while we are driving.  Plus, it should help with nuk placement when she's spit it out and is starting to get fussy at the beginning of our drive home.  A very simple thing, but a much loved one.

via

(7) Pampers Swaddlers -- I think we are almost out of these... I think they might only go to size 2 and yes, my baby girl is almost into size 2.  We have decided to purchase these only at Sams because they really are a better deal there.  So, we bought 210 of size 1 and are pretty sure the next shopping trip will be size 2.  At least she's growing.  But we love them for their movement, their wetness indicator, and that she seems to be ok with them and we haven't had any issues. 

via

(8)  Butt Paste -- What would we do without it?  We haven't really had to deal with any diaper rash except for a bit the size of a dime one time but it was butt paste to the rescue.  We slathered this stuff on that spot for a couple of days and it was gone!  Unreal.  You can put it on at one diaper change and see a difference the next!  Love this stuff.

via

(9)  Rompers -- I love onesies too, but Rompers are just so cute and especially for the summer.  Ells has more clothes than one little girl needs for sure.  We have a couple different kinds.  Most are from Target because they are only like $7-8 a piece.  Some are from Tea Collection (my faves).  And others are from Carters.  I consider these all rompers:  Dress type shirt with diaper cover, one piece with almost shorts, and one piece with butt cover and skirt attached.  Maybe I'm wrong but these all go together in one drawer. 




(10)  Bedtime with the Beatles -- Still a love of mine.  Sometimes I'll turn it on in the car when no one else is in there.  I haven't tried it yet, but it would probably be a good thing for my lunchtime naps that happen every once in a while. It's very soothing and good music!  What more could you ask for?  It has a permanent spot in the CD player of my car.


So there's my must haves month three.  It's been quite a journey.  I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting, but if they are that important, then they will be around for months 4,5,6 right?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...