7.16.2012

Lighter Lighting

I'm a huge fan of creams and whites now. 
Not sure why, maybe because it makes everything feel lighter and brighter...

So while attempting to put a couple finishing touches on the guest bedroom I decided to do some updating to a couple of Pier 1 lamps I have had hanging around since I worked there when we first moved into this house.  That was the best idea I've ever had... PT job at a furniture store when getting ready to move into our first house!  I got lamps, pillows, tables, chairs, and a sofa!  All at discount!  It was wonderful! 

Anyways, these lamps were a dark brown with ribs in them all the way around.  I love the shape and size, but with the room being that dark artichoke color, it was too much dark... and I love how the creams pop in that room now so I decided to try it.  I figured if I didn't like it, I could just repaint them, right?!?

Started with the lamps on an old piece of plywood.  I decided to wrap the top parts with a plastic bag and tape around the top rim to make sure that the "parts" didn't get painted.  I did the same thing with the cord at the bottom. 


I used Krylon Dual Paint & Primer in one.  Love this!  This is the second time that I've used paint and primer together in the spray paint and I don't think I'll go back!  It coats like nothing!  These only took one coat and they look great! 

So, what do you think?  Here's a sneak at the finished product!  Love it! 

Check back tomorrow to see them in the room! 
I need to clean it up a little first...

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...