7.17.2012

Zuppa Toscana!

I am in love with Olive Garden.  They are seriously my favorite place to eat on the semi-cheap.  I mean what girl can't get enough bread sticks and salad?!?  We used to go to Olive Garden all the time with my family on Sunday nights when I lived at home.  Affordable option and great family times... we were like the commercials!  Ok, not really, but kinda. 

Anywho...
A few years ago I decided to change things up a little.  Instead of the salad, I decided to try the soup.  I'm not a huge fan of minestrone soup and my grandpa always got their Zuppa Toscana so I decided to try it.  I mean, potatoes and sausage, where could you go wrong?!

So I did and loved it. 
Like loved it so much that I got it every time instead of salad.
Like loved it so much that I talked about it to everyone.
Like loved it so much that I usually got two bowls even if I was full after the first.  It's unlimited just like the salad you know. 
Like loved it so much that I got my husband hooked on it. 

Like loved it so much that I had to have it more often than when we went out...
So, I found a copy cat recipe

And now...
Like love it so much that I will share with you! 
Because according to Mr. K - "This is something we'll be making for the rest of our lives!"
If you haven't tried it already, you must and if you have, let me know how much you love (or don't) it! 

What you need:

1 lb Italian Sausage
2 large russet baking potatoes, sliced in half, and then in ¼ in slices
1 large onion, chopped
¼ cup bacon bits (optional)
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups kale or Swiss chard, chopped
2 (8oz) cans chicken broth
1 quart water
1 cup heavy whipping cream

Directions:

1. Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces.
2. Brown sausage in your soup pot
3. Add chicken broth and water in pot and stir.
4. Place onions, potatoes, and garlic in pot.
5. Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done.
6. Add bacon.
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Simmer for another 10 minutes.
9. Turn heat to low.
10. Add kale and cream.
11. Heat through and serve!

via

Yummy for my tummy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...