2.12.2013

Online Fundriaser for Heart Health

Wow... It's been some busy times lately, but I'm slowly but surely getting my life back in order... I've made goals for the new year and am bound and determined to stick with them.  One of my goals for the year was to attempt to volunteer more and/or give back more (when possible). So... with February 1st being National Wear Red Day, I've decided to have a fundraiser!  When you Go Red, you help women just like you fight back against heart disease—the number one killer of women—through greater support, research and funding.



via
 

The American Heart Association (AHA) launched National Wear Red Day® in 2003 to bring attention to cardiovascular disease, which claimed the lives of nearly 500,000 American women each year. Since the first National Wear Red Day® 10 years ago, tremendous strides have been made in the fight against heart disease in women, including:
•21% fewer women dying from heart disease
•23% more women aware that it’s their No. 1 health threat
•Publishing of gender-specific results, established differences in symptoms and responses to medications and women-specific guidelines for prevention and treatment
•Legislation to help end gender disparities

Now, I don't personally know anyone who has issues with their heart or heart disease, but I will say I do not come from a family that frequents the doctors... so, that being said, I might.  If you know someone affected by heart disease, comment below and share your story!  I love hearing from my followers!

So from now through February 28th, I'm hosting an online Fundraiser to Go Red! It will be through my Stella & Dot website -- I'll give 5% of all retail sales to the American Heart Association and 10% sales of RED items... Here are some examples of those below...


Make sure to shop at bit.ly/WZaKrE for your order to go towards the fundraiser!
Or, make sure to select GO RED as your hostess at Checkout!

The fundraiser will go from now through February 28th, so please help me help the Heart Association!  You'll be helping too!  I'm sure this is a cause that we all can relate to in some way, shape or form, and what a great excuse to shop! 

I'd love to give you a personal shout out on my facebook page for joining in and helping me as well as send you a coupon for your next purchase! 

If you'd like to help, please share this link with others to shop at -- http://www.stelladot.com/ts/ifkn5

If you share it I'd love to know! :)
I'll also be sporting this Red Hudson Wrap Bracelet for the rest of the month!


I am also looking for someone to help me host a physical trunk show in person for this event -- could be at your house or mine.  You just need to invite the girlfriends and I'll bring the wine and cheese!  If you are interested, let me know!  I was thinking the 21st or 22nd to make sure there's time for everyone!  It could be at my house or yours! 


xoxo,

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...