3.04.2014

Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

So what do you think of the new look of Little Miss Martha? 
I'm loving the clean lines and colors.  I hope you do too!  I think it's just a nicer look.  :)  Yay!  About time I upgraded and grew this blog up!  haha...

But this weekend (or week, I'm still a little confused) there were celebrations all over town for the lovely Dr Seuss's Birthday!  And I decided that I would partake in one of them... whether it be Pottery Barn Kids little mini event or a full out play! 

Play it was!  I know Ells is only 2, but I feel it's very important to introduce her to the arts at a young age.  So far we've done plays & painting.  And the first play she went to was last Friday -- The Cat In The Hat at the Civic Theater here in Indianapolis.  It's actually out of Carmel, but I think it's still called the Indianapolis Civic Theater.  Anywho...

We read the Cat in The Hat the night before and she was all excited to go see him!  She kept saying "Cat in Hat" even though she could say it all, it was her shortened version.  She was so excited!  We walked into the theater and she looked all around, mostly fascinated with the lights.  There were kiddos everywhere... lots of schools had come for a field trip. 


The set was really cute. 


And so was Ells...


And then it was about two min to showtime...Ells has this cough due to drainage from her cold so she was pretty much gagging herself...and there it went... puke all over the place.  Well it was confined to our two seats, but still.  The lady in front of us was like throwing wipes at me and I was wiping and she just kept puking... Ugh.  There goes $30 I'm thinking...

But... we cleaned it up, moved to a back corner of the theater where there was easy access to the outer world just in case we had another episode and no one could smell us... haha...  And we enjoyed the show.


It was really cute.

And in the end, we had a great time...


Then it was time to go, rain or shine...
We walked to the car singing Cat in The Hat...
And little Miss Ells then slept like a cat...

That was my best go at rhyming like the genius Dr. Seuss! 

I will say though, I am excited to be able to do these things every year with Ells now.  They are fun and lighthearted and I never realized how much we celebrate him!  I mean it's like a week long Happy Birthday to the man!  So... Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!

xoxo,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...