4.29.2014

Mother's Day is Just Around the Corner

This will be my 3rd mothers day with my lovely Ells... Being a mother is really hard.  Lots of fun, but really hard.  I often wonder if being a father is just as hard... I'm not quite convinced. 

When Ells was really little I used to sing the same songs over and over again to her... I started with ABCs, then Twinkle Twinkle, then Jesus Loves Me, then You  Are my Sunshine, and a few more including Classic Songs from Musicals like Edelweiss & Truly Scrumptious. I'd even put her name in the place of Edelweiss... it worked out nicely!  And who doesn't love the Sound of Music?  I've introduced her to a lot of musicals at her young age...


I still sing to her but only when she wants to cuddle or I need something to distract her beccause she's so tired and should be asleep already or when she doesnt' feel well.

Now days we have more reading moments, movie moments, playing moments than those really lovely moments in the nursery just singing her to sleep at night... Actually even thinking about it brings a little tear to my eye... ;(

I purchased myself a little E necklace for a mother's day gift to myself a couple weeks ago from Today Show's Steals & Deals and I love it.  I rarely take it off and I've gotten so many compliments on it...


But the reason I shared the songs above is because since my Steals & Deals special is over, I thought I'd share another one!  Stella & Dot has the most adorable "You Are My Sunshine" necklace and it's the perfect gift for Mother's Day!  PLUS right now you can get it for $14.99 (instead of $69) when you add $50 to your cart first!   It's seriously the sweetest everday necklace and anyone and everyone needs one!  Plus, who didn't sing You Are My Sunshine to their little ones, or have it sung to them?  It's a feel good necklace... And this deal is only good thru April 30th 11:59PT so don't wait too long! 

Shop now at www.stelladot.com/abbyk


And you are my sunshine for following along with this little ol' blog I post on (sometimes)..

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...