10.06.2014

Homemade Fabric Pumpkins

I am loving the velvet pumpkins on the scenes these days... 
I was searching for some different kinds the other day and came across these... 
101 Things You Can Make With An Old Sweater! {OK…More Like 27 Things}

And of course I had a "I can make that" moment and chat with myself.  
And if you follow me on Instagram you saw me hint earlier last week at the progress I was making... 


They were super easy.  I had some leftover linen-like fabric in my closet and some leftovers of others.  


While the princess was playing, I sat outside and just scrunched up the scraps I didn't like anymore and didn't mind hiding underneath...And wrapped them with the large linen-like pieces. I basically just twisted the fabric around the balls of fabric.   

\

I've seen that you can use toilet paper rolls, beans and foam for other fillers.  Once they were wrapped, I twisted the tops, and tied them up with twine, leather rope, ribbon, and even strips of fabric.  


I kind of love how they turned out. 





There has been some criticizm that they don't really look like pumpkins, but for a pretty much free project, they are kinda cute sitting around my house.  And they do look really cute with real pumpkins and gourds mixed in to the mix.

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...