2.25.2015

What I'm Reading :: Make It Happen

So I'm on a creative entrepreneur kick these days.  With trying to get Maeve off the ground and coming off (slowly) from actively selling Stella & Dot, I've got business on the mind. 
via

A while back, I fell in love with Southern Weddings, where "they encourage couples to plan a meaningful beginning to married life."  There was something catchy about their charm and the adorable write-ups.  I continued to follow... Then I noticed some monthly posts from Lara Casey, their publisher & editor-in-chief.  I fell in love with her desire to create beautiful settings, help women create goals, and attain them. 
via

Skip forward a few years and while I was still following all this, I saw someone else I followed had gone to the Making Things Happen Retreat.  I thought, I must go. I didn't.  It's expensive.  So I will save up and one day will make it there.  But I bought this and set the goal to just go and do things!  

And last year, I joined The Influence Network so that I could attend The Influence Conference and go to a special members only presentation by the one and only Lara Casey.  I didn't go.  For some reason I freaked out and decided not to go.  However, I'm still a member of The Influence Network and loving it this year.  Reading, listening, taking it all in until September when I can join everyone at the conference!  Note:: Make Business Cards! 
via

But... Until then, yes all that back story had a point... I've been doing anything and everything I can to make myself a better person and entrepreneur.  So when Lara Casey mentioned somewhere that she had this lovely little book called Make It Happen, I was in.  THEN -- it got better!  The Influence Network offered the book to members for FREE by doing an Influence Book Club.  Umm... Yes please! 
So...
Needless to say I'm reading this book.  And because I read slowly or just don't have time typically to read, I'm taking it one chapter at a time.  Unless we at Homeland Security get furloughed next week then I'll be finishing it sooner!  But it's great.  
Books & Breakfast

I almost find myself reading it out loud.  There are parts where she asks you questions and others where she asks that you say something out loud or that you write down notes.  It's very interactive and very deep.  It makes you think.  It makes you want more.  It makes you feel.  It's quite wonderful. 
Definitely check it out!


 


1 comment:

online pharmacy store said...

Reading not only improves your brain's network but also increases abilities to focus, focus, and concentrate. On the off chance that you struggle to focus, reading can improve your ability to focus
Visit this site to buy all types of medicines-"usa online pharmacy"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...